Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quel horreur!

A commotion in the distance. Maggie/Moon, the new dog laying next to me who still isn't quite sure of what she's supposed to answer to now, jumps up and off of the bed. My external hard drive's cord is captured by her paw. The mouse trap is sprung.

Six years of photos, documents, and music, amounting to about 185GB of files, are corrupted in the blink of an eye. I can see many of them still, but I cannot manipulate them. I can be haunted by this 185GB-worth of information once I plug it into my computer, but I can no longer master it.

I sobbed and sobbed, but no amount of tears can bring back these files. I never thought that the loss of computer files would make me feel like I'd lost a best friend, but it does.

RIP, photo/document/music library. RIP.

Now, to rebuild my digital empire.

No comments:

Post a Comment